As i like to explore subjects and topics through process of making and exploration I would like to bring this in to the making process of this projector brief. For example:
Dyslexia
I cannot directly make my mind see or read things differently so perhaps I search videos hat illustrate to non dyslexics how a dyslexic person interprets text and sequence imagery etc.
What i find interesting about dyslexics and dyslexia as a whole is the way the brain recognizes imagery yet doesn't define text or sequence well, even though text and numbers etc is essentially just another image. symbols? is this the same? perhaps hyroglyphs etc would this be different or roman numerology?
Dyslexics often read things better on blue backgrounds so perhaps I work with Blue as a primary backing color. I could attempt to create imagery that confuses the eye of someone without dyslexia, but for someone with t, make the text or image easier to read. Flipping perspectives.
Visual impairment.
To start targeting this area the brief I would like to create images while impairing myself visually as a starting point to understanding the disability firsthand. This would create a better visual language in terms of perception and response to those suffering or living with the disability. In addition, using a process as tactile as dry point could absorb this approach really nicely. The marks and lines made through a process of visual limitation could be very beneficial and create dynamic intriguing textures etc.
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Creating work when suffering myself with fatigue blow. Something I haven't attempted to do before. Seeing as I understand this syndrome first hand alongside or as result of my anxiety, it may be more interesting to do another disability, however I would be able to communicate the feelings associated with the syndrome more accurately easily and freely.
If I create work whilst having a blow of fatigue, the work could communicate the emotional, physical and visual effects the condition has on a person.
In adition I understand th knowledge and treatment of this condition is somewhat limited. Research is currently being undertaken to improve the knowledge behind it, and experimentla drugs are being introduced alongside counseling and lifestyle advise clinics etc. It is believed that some CFS sufferers have the condition as a result of another mental illness, while others could be related to modern dietary shifts, seasonal effective disorder blood sugars etc. Medical, mental and behavior lifestyle impacts
Initial practical approach Ideas,
Ink blot imagery.
I have immediately thought of ink blots, based on their commonly recognizable nature, their links with mental health, and the metaphorical or connotational implication that they could embody. For example, every person would see a different image, which says something about them. This could trigger a new way of perceiving the image or postcard based on mental state as appeased to visual structures and queues. Those with mental illness and visual impairment etc would be able to use sensory and emotional response to understand the intentions of the image. Perhaps there is no direct intention as the images could address unique values in every person which is open to them in a subjective and emotional manner
More immediate ideas or immediate images conjured when considering disabilities in question:
Dyslexia
Use of words and numbers scale and movement
confusion
blue
reading and writing struggles
Chronic fatigue
exhaustion
lump in throat
anxiety
worry
physical symptoms of exhaustion and fatigue
sinking feelings
vertigo
Existing posters and promotional material etc.
Initial Ideas taken from sketchbook














No comments:
Post a Comment