Friday, 11 March 2016

My first digital Ideas for tourism poster



I took this image from an online source, to explore the use of photography in a tourism poster. I think my simple repetition of the word Thailand is effective, however no other details are provided. This could work both in my favor and against. simplicity is often key when wanting a viewer to look more at the image. But in terms of tourism, perhaps more info is needed.
In hindsight My use of colors would have been more appropriate perhaps for Ibiza, as the widely recognised "cream" logo and travel info is usually hot pink and white.



I used a combination of themed silhouettes and a "sunburst" background for the above image. Sunbursts are something usually associated with Korea and other asian cultures. So this was where I feel the style of background became appropriate. I have used a combination of the colors that my "tourist interviewee" provided in order to portray Thailand from her perspective more effectively.
I feel this is an appropriate approach and the idea is verging on successful. I will develop this approach further. I used photoshop and a simple layering technique to achieve the image.


Again, above I have used a sunburst background which automatically references eastern culture. The Title "Thailand" alongside a sub heading reading "striking the perfect balance" is a basic reference to buddhist and eastern culture and religious references. I have edited photographs of thailand which I feel deepen the notion of balance through their opposing yet harmonious co-operation within one region. One being the calm, quiet sea waters of tranquility, the other a store selling alcohol for the full moon parties. Both images are combined within a yin yang symbol, again another reference to eastern beliefs. The all-digital approach is clean and simple so remains effective however I would like to incorporate some print making processes for texture.



Above, to create the background I have taken a lino-print that I made and edited it on photoshop to create this lime green and yellow. Colors that my interviewee stated stood out to her on her visit there. I accompanied this with a buddha/temple silhouette. The approach and process was more enjoyable however I do not like the outcome. The background is too distracting and does not communicate my Ideas well.


Above I have experimented with digital practices and printing to try and stumble upon something successful. I like the type, in that the thailand text is created by cutting away revealing a colorful background. The colours somehow feel lacking, and cold and overall they are too busy before any info given. Will continue to develop this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment